The Many Benefits of Active Family Time
As a busy mom, I know how hard it can be to find time for family activities. But I also know how important it is. According to recent studies, spending time together as a family benefits both kids and parents. So in this post, I’m going to share some of the benefits of active family time and offer some ideas for how to fit those activities into your busy schedule. Let’s get started!
How spending time together can improve your family relationship, health, and happiness
You may not have realized it, but spending time together as a family can have some incredible benefits. For starters, it can help improve your family relationship. You have more opportunities to communicate and connect when you’re constantly together. This can lead to a stronger, more supportive bond between you all.
Additionally, spending time together as a family can do wonders for your health. Studies have shown that families who spend time together tend to be healthier overall. They’re less likely to suffer from obesity, depression, and other mental health issues. And, if one family member gets sick, the others are usually there to support them.
Finally, spending time together can also boost your happiness levels. When you’re constantly surrounded by the people you love most, it’s hard not to be happy. In addition, you’ll have more opportunities to make memories and share laughter–two essential things for a happy life.
So, spending more time together is a great place to start if you’re looking for ways to improve your family relationship, health, and happiness. So, get out there and enjoy some quality family time!
Fun family exercise ideas that will keep everyone moving
- Get the whole family moving with a friendly game of tag. Take turns being “it” and see who can stay moving the longest.
- Head outside for a catch, frisbee, or kickball game. Or, if you have access to a pool, swimming is a great way to get everyone active.
- Plan a family hike or bike ride and enjoy some time together in nature. If you have younger kids, look for kid-friendly trails with plenty of places to explore along the way.
- Make it a point to walk around the block together each evening after dinner. This is a great way to unwind as a family and get some steps in.
- Organize a family game night and choose games that require everyone to move around, such as Simon Says, Twister, or musical chairs.
- Sign everyone up for a local 5K race or fun run and train together leading up to the event. This is a great way to bond as a family while also getting some exercise.
- Challenge each other to see who can do the most jumping jacks, push-ups, or sit-ups in one minute. This is a fun way to get everyone moving and laughing at the same time.
- Set up an obstacle course in your backyard or living room and take turns completing it as fast as you can. This is a great way to get creative and fun while getting everyone moving.
- Head to your local park and explore all the different playground equipment. Take turns going down the slides, swinging on the monkey bars, and climbing the jungle gym.
- Get everyone dancing at a family dance party! Put on some music and let loose – it’s a great way to burn energy and have fun.
Hi There, I’m Ella.
My journey with slow living began ten years ago — I hit reset and began to move forward with small daily wins. Over time, I started to find peace on a hectic day, replace chaos with calm in our home, and move toward an unbusy life.