Makeup Techniques to Make You Look Slim: Tricks for a Skinnier Face
Are you looking for a way to make your face look skinnier? Do you feel like no matter what you do, you can’t seem to slim down your features? Well, don’t worry, because plenty of makeup techniques can help you achieve the look you want. This post will outline some of the best tricks for making your face appear thinner. So, keep reading for the top tips, whether you’re looking to disguise a few extra pounds or want to highlight your natural features!
How to slim your face with makeup
- Use a matte foundation.
Matte foundations make your face look less puffy and create the illusion of a thinner face. If you have oily skin, set your foundation with a mattifying powder to avoid shine.
- Conceal problem areas.
Concealers can be your best friend when it comes to looking thinner. First, use it to cover any blemishes, dark circles, or other imperfections. Then, use a damp makeup sponge to blend the concealer into your skin for a natural look.
- Contour your face.
Contouring is a great way to create the illusion of a slimmer face. Using a bronzer or a darker powder, apply it along your hairline, under your cheekbones, and down the sides of your nose. Then, use a light powder or highlighter on the center of your forehead, down the bridge of your nose, and chin. Finally, blend everything for a natural look.
- Fill in your brows.
Filling in your eyebrows can significantly affect how slim your face looks. Use a brow pencil or powder to fill in any sparse areas lightly, then comb through with a brow brush to blend everything.
- Choose the right blush.
The right blush can make all the difference when it comes to making your face look thinner. Stick with matte blushes in cool tones, like pink or mauve. Avoid anything with too much shimmer, as it will just emphasize any imperfections.
- Highlight strategically.
Highlighter can help to make your face look thinner by drawing attention to the high points of your face. Apply it along your cheekbones, down the center of your nose, and on your cupid’s bow. Then, use a damp makeup sponge to blend everything for a natural look.
- Line your eyes.
When done correctly, lining your eyes can help to make them look bigger, and your face looks thinner. Start by lining the inner rim of your lower lash line with a black pencil liner. Then, use a lighter shade of pencil liner or eyeshadow to line the outer half of your upper lash line. Finally, use a smudger brush or your fingers to blend everything for a soft, diffused look.
- Curl your lashes.
Curling your eyelashes can help to open up your eyes and make your face look thinner. Start by applying mascara to your lashes, then use an eyelash curler to curl them. Hold the curler for a few seconds before releasing it for the best results.
Tips to make your face look thinner naturally
There are a number of ways to make your face look thinner naturally. Here are some tips:
- Get rid of excess weight – One of the best ways to make your face look thinner is to get rid of any excess weight you may be carrying. Losing even a few pounds can make a big difference in the appearance of your face.
- Exercise your facial muscles – Another great way to make your face look thinner is to exercise the muscles in your face. There are a number of exercises that you can do to help tone and define these muscles.
- Change your hairstyle – Believe it or not, how you style your hair can also affect the way your face looks. For example, if you have a lot of volume in your hair, it can make your face look fuller. On the other hand, wearing your hair pulled back or up in a ponytail can make your face look thinner.
- Use makeup to your advantage – Makeup can also be used to help create the illusion of a thinner face. Contouring and highlighting can help to create the appearance of a thinner face.
- Get a good night’s sleep – One of the most important things you can do for your overall health is getting a good night’s sleep. When well-rested, your skin will look healthier, and your face will appear fresher and more youthful.
- Drink plenty of water – Staying hydrated is important for your overall health but also essential for your skin. When your skin is properly hydrated, it will appear plumper and less likely to show fine lines and wrinkles.
- Eat a healthy diet – Eating a healthy diet is one of the best things you can do for your overall health. A healthy diet will provide your body with the nutrients it needs to function correctly and will also help to improve the appearance of your skin.
- Limit your alcohol intake – Drinking too much alcohol can cause your face to swell and contribute to developing fine lines and wrinkles. If you want to enjoy alcoholic beverages, limit yourself to one or two daily drinks.
- Don’t smoke – Smoking is one of the worst things you can do for your health. Not only does smoking damage your lungs and increase your risk of developing cancer, but it can also cause your skin to age prematurely. If you are a smoker, try to quit as soon as possible.
Hi There, I’m Ella.
My journey with slow living began ten years ago — I hit reset and began to move forward with small daily wins. Over time, I started to find peace on a hectic day, replace chaos with calm in our home, and move toward an unbusy life.